Text Size Print
Spring 2014 Clinical Experience
For teacher candidates who plan to student teach in Spring 2014:
- Apply for student teaching or professional semester by February 1, 2013.
- Apply for Partnership (PK-6, 6-8 teacher candidates only) by February 1, 2013.
- Request and confirm receipt of the two faculty recommendations by February 1, 2013 (with exception of PK-6 and 6-8 teacher candidates).
- Submit all required documents to OPS in the OPS Teacher Preparation Canvas course by September 1, 2014.
- Specific information for your semester can be found online under "Student Teacher."
- Submit copies of all qualifying assessment score reports for licensure purposes into the OPS Teacher Preparation Canvas course.
- Maintain an Overall GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Maintain a Major GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Complete all coursework and program area requirements before student teaching.
- Attend the mandatory Student Teaching Orientation.
- March 19, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
- Attend the mandatory Follow-Up Meeting.
- September 12, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
- Attend the mandatory Mock Interviews.
- January 7, 2014
- February 1 Application Due
- March 19 4 PM Orientation Meeting Hull 132
- September 1 Requirements Due
- September 12 4 PM Follow-Up Meeting Hull 132
- January 7 8:30 AM Seminar Day
- January 13-March 7 1st Placement
- March 7 Education Recruitment Day
- March 10-April 25 2nd Placement
- May 1 10 AM Wrap-Up Day
- May 10 Commencement