Students can decide to fulfill an internship by working within the department on a research project with a faculty member. Students can also decide to fulfill an internship by choosing an organization or business (either on-campus or off-campus) that would enhance the students' current experiences or future goals.
Students can also sign up for internships that combine a paid (salaried) position with internship credits. In other words, you do not have to perform an internship for which you do not also receive a paycheck from the employer. However, the psychology department does not currently offer our own paid internships.
View/download the required Internship Manual (pdf) for more information.
Visit with one of the faculty below to learn more about these internship opportunities.
- Biopsychology, General Experimental - Eric Laws, Ph.D.
- Clinical/Counseling - Jennifer Apperson, Ph.D., Danette Gibbs, Ph.D.
- Developmental Psychology - Chris Bjornsen, Ph.D.
- Developmental Psychology, Cognitive, General Experimental - Stephanie Buchert, Ph.D.
- Industrial/Organizational - Dave Carkenord, Ph.D.
- Social Psychology, General Experimental - Sarai Blincoe, Ph.D.