By registering to stay, I UNDERSTAND and WILL COMPLY with the following expectations:
- All University-managed residents, wishing to stay during the recognized break period, must communicate their intentions. Completing the ON-LINE registration form will provide uninterrupted ID card access (where applicable) and will provide Campus Police with a record of your continued presence.
- I understand that if I plan to stay in my assigned room/apartment during the break period, my name must be included on a "registered to stay" report that RCL provides to Campus Police. I will assist in helping to communicate this requirement to other residents living within my room/suite/apartment. Furthermore, while on university property, I agree to carry a photo ID and will present it at the request of any Longwood University official.
- I am responsible for my personal actions and campus property during this break period. I understand that the Honor Code and all other campus policies remain in effect and that any violations will result in student conduct action.
- I understand that this arrangement with Residential & Commuter Life and Longwood University is for my personal accommodations ONLY. I will NOT allow guests to visit/stay during the break.
- I understand that all residence halls will remain LOCKED (24-hours/day) during the break and that my ID card will still operate primary/centrally located card readers.
- I understand that Chick-fil-A accepts bonus dollars, Lancer Ca$h, credit or cash during the break and that adjusted Longwood Dining hours are as follows during the break:
Monday, Nov. 24 Outta Here closes at 3 pm; P.O.D. Market closes at Midnight; Tuesday, Nov. 25 Dorrill Dining Hall, Lancer Café, and Java City and Moe’s Southwest Grill closes at 2pm. Chick-fil-A is closed on Thanksgiving Day and Sunday, Nov. 30, but will have operation hours (7:30am-8pm) during the rest of the break. Dorrill Dining Hall, Lancer Cafe, and Moe's Southwest Grill and the P.O.D. Market re-open at 5pm on Sunday, Nov. 30. All normal operations resume on Monday, Dec. 1. To learn more, click www. longwood.campusdish.com
- I understand that residence hall rooms and apartments are subject to entry during the break; limited work orders and/or facility safety inspections could occur. Special work projects will be directly communicated to impacted residents/buildings.
- I understand that the FAB (both Campus & Express Lines) will end service at 5pm on Tuesday, Nov. 25. (The Campus Line service will resume at 12noon and the Express Line will resume service at 2:30pm on Sunday, November 30.)
- I understand that all students should continue practicing personal safety habits during the break. If I see something, I will say something – thereby calling Campus Police right away to report a suspicious or concerning activity. I know that I can contact Campus Police at 434.395.2091 or 911 if I have an emergency or if I need general assistance.
Register to Stay