Adding a New Album and Images in Gallery
1. Go to the Longwood Photo Gallery, http://photos.longwood.edu, and click Login.
2. Log in using your Lancernet username and password then click on the Login button.
3. Go to the gallery that has been set up for your department or office. (If this has not been set up yet submit a request to IITS.) Do this by clicking on the thumbnail picture that has been assigned. If the gallery is currently empty there will be no thumbnail but there will be a link marked no thumbnail.
4. If you don't already have an album set up for these photographs you can click on Add Album in the left hand side menu to do so.
5. Go to the album for the photographs you want to add. Do this by clicking on the thumbnail picture that has been assigned. If the album is currently empty there will be no thumbnail but there will be a link marked no thumbnail.
6. To start adding photographs click on Add Items in the left hand side menu.
7. There are two methods available for uploading photographs. If you only have a few you can click on From Web Browser then click the Browse button beside each File field. Browse on your computer for each image in turn until you have all of the photograhs you want to add. You can add more File fields by clicking on More Upload Boxes.... Make sure Create thumbnails now is checked and when you are ready click Add Items.
8. If you have a lot of photographs to upload you may prefer to select Upload Applet. When you select this option you may get the warning in the illustration. You can click No.
9. You will now see the screen in the illustration. To add photographs click on Add Pictures... and browse to where the photographs are stored on your own computer. Select multiple photographs by holding down the control <Ctrl> button on your keyboard when you click on the photograph file. When you have selected all of the photographs that you want click Add Pictures. Thumbnails will now be generated and then you can click Upload to actually upload the files to the album.
10. If you are going to use the photographs to create a gallery in RedDot for your website you will want to caption the images. To do this click on Edit Captions in the left hand side menu.
11. If you have a very short caption or a title for the image delete what is in the field marked Title and enter it there. For a longer caption enter it in the field marked Summary. If you use Summary you will want to either enter a Title for the image or delete what is in that field and leave it blank. If you don't want anything to show up as a caption delete anything in the Title or Summary fields. When you are done click Save.