Adding a Link to Another (RedDot) Webpage within the Content Area
Note: If you wish to link to another webpage in Longwood's website that is not yet in RedDot use the instructions for creating an external link.
1. Highlight the text for the link.
2. Now click the button in the toolbar that allows you to create a link. It looks like a globe with a chain link in front. In the illustration the correct button has been circled in red.
3. Another window will open that allows you to set up a link. Click on Reference Page.
4. A window will open to a search form that will help you find the page. In the Search text field you can enter text that you know is contained within the page. In the Headline field you can enter text you know is contained within the page headline. Click the Start button in the bottom right hand corner to start the search.
5. A list of matching pages will be returned. Click on the one that matches the page to which you wish to link.
6. Something similar what is shown in the illustration will now be entered for the link information. Click the OK button.
7. The link text will now be underlined indicating that the link has been set up.
For further help with adding content to the webpage look at some of the other "How To" articles available on this website.