Adding a Link to a PDF within the Content Area
1. Highlight the text for the link.
2. Now click the button in the toolbar that allows you to create a link. It looks like a chain link. In the illustration the correct button has been circled in red.
3. Another window will open that allows you to set up a link. Click on Connect Asset.
4. Click in the Asset Managers field and select "Assets".
5. A new window will open to the Asset Manager. If this is your first time opening the Asset manager you will need to click on Switch Folder and click on your department folder. If the PDF is already in the Asset Manager click on the one you want. If the PDF is not already in the Asset Manager you will need to upload it. To do this click on Select asset from local file system.
6. Click on the Browse... button and navigate to the location on your computer where the required PDF is stored. You should then end up with a path that looks similar to that in the illustration. Click the OK button in the bottom right hand corner of the window.
7. In the Asset description field enter an informative description of the PDF contents then click the OK button in the bottom right hand corner of the window. You will now be taken back to the Asset Manager window where you can click on the PDF to select it then click the OK button in the bottom right hand corner of this window.
8. Something similar to the illustration will now be entered for the link information. For a PDF it is advisable to select Open in new windows (_blank) from the drop down in the Target field. When you are finished click the Insert or Update button.
9. The link text will now be underlined indicating that the link has been set up. You should put add the text "(pdf)" after the link to let site visitors know they will be opening up a pdf rather than clicking on a link to another webpage.
For further help with adding content to the webpage look at some of the other "How To" articles available on this website.