Text Size Default Text SizeDefault Text Size Large Text SizeLarge Text Size Largest Text SizeLargest Text Size Print Print this Page

Change of Major Form

Use the Program Changes (pdf) form to add/drop/change/update your major.


  • Fill out and sign the form. 
  • Do you participate in NCAA athletics?  See the Athletics Academic Support Coordinator (signature required).
  • Are you a PLUS Student?  You'll need to see the Director for the Center of Academic Success (signature required).
  • Take your form to the Department Chair for the major you wish to change to.
  • The Department Chair will sign the form, and assign you to a new academic advisor.
  • Submit the completed form with signatures to the Registrar's Office.


Helpful Tips

If you are changing your major to "Undeclared" bring your form to the Office of the Registrar in Barlow Hall. 


Submission Information

Submission of any form is contingent upon student verification (Photo ID and/or signature). 

If additional signatures are needed to process the form, it is the student's responsibility to attain those before submitting it to the office.

Remember that the student is ultimately responsible for all information concerning his or her records. Many processes are time-sensitive. Please plan accordingly.

This form can be downloaded and printed out using Adobe Acrobat Reader.  It may be submitted in person at the front desk of the Barlow Hall.  It may also be faxed, mailed, or emailed as an attachment to:

Office of the Registrar
Longwood University
201 High Street
Farmville, VA 23909

Fax: 434-395-2252
Email: registrar@longwood.edu