The Compass Living-Learning Community (LLC) and the Explore! Learning Community (LC) are designed to provide members with the opportunity to explore academic majors and careers in order to ultimately declare a major at Longwood.
Why Should I Apply?
- Make connections with other undeclared students in your Living/Learning Community
- Work toward Core Curriculum requirements while exploring different majors and involvement opportunities
- Take classes designated specifically for you and your cohort
- ENGL 165 (Fall 2018)
- CTZN 110 (Spring 2019)
- Take part in retreats, outings, programs and activities
- Develop close relationships with faculty, staff and Peer Mentors
- Live in Cox Hall (Compass LLC)
- Be a part of a unique and exciting Longwood experience
Am I Eligible To Apply?
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time first-year student entering Longwood in Fall 2018
- Students in the Compass LLC will live in Cox Hall
- Cannot be admitted into the 12 Community or Honors Program
- Cannot be enrolling with AP/Dual Enrollment credits that fulfill the English 165 requirement
- Graduate high school with a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Complete the online application
- Deadline: Friday, June 15