Thank you for your service.

Veteran students content

Important Forms

Course Equivalencies

Some military training can be used for college credit.

For Military Science Credit: Some military training can be used for college credit. Once you obtain your military transcripts, you’ll need to take them to the Registrar's Office. It may then take up to five business days before your equivalencies can be determined.

For military experience that may be relevant to your major: transcripts can be taken to the Department Chair for your major. The Department Chair will evaluate whether or not credit can be granted on a case by case basis, and will then contact Hannah Ledger in the Office of the Registrar.

To order Military Transcripts:

Virginia Wounded Warrior Program

"Our statewide program serves veterans of an era who are Virginia residents; members of the Virginia National Guard and Armed Forces Reserves not in active federal service; and family members of those veterans and service members. Through an extensive network of local, federal and state partnerships, the VWWP can assist you in getting the answers you need regarding psychological health and traumatic brain injury."

-"About Us," Virginia Wounded Warrior Program

Veterans Services Contacts

On the first Friday of each month, a Veterans Services member is available at our branch of the Virginia Employment Commission (434-392-8871). The office is located next to Sunchase Cinemas. Additionally, if you have an urgent question or would like to discuss a benefit question with someone on campus, please contact John Miller (757) 407-9541. He will be able to put you in touch with someone who can assist you.

Helpful Links


Contact Us

Longwood Student Veterans, Faculty Advisor

Dr. John Miller
English and Modern Languages
(434) 395-2161

Tuition Assistance (TA) & Estimated Advanced Credit (EAC)

Ms. Karin Warner
Cashiering and Student Accounts Office
(434) 395-2068

Ms. Latrice Pearl
Registrar's Office
(434) 395-2897