Annual Halloween Bash
Thank you to everyone who came out to the 2012 SAC Halloween Bash.
This year's winners were:
- The zombies from Campus Recreation for Scariest Costume
- Whac-A-Mole from Conferences and Scheduling for Most Original costume
- The Addams Family from ITS for Best Group costume
To see their photographs and more view the 2012 SAC Halloween Bash slideshow.
SAC Staff Scholarship
The Staff Advisory Committee would like to announce that applications are being accepted for the 2012-13 SAC Staff Scholarship. To be eligible for this Scholarship, the applicant must be:
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an undergraduate/graduate program at Longwood University.
- A degree-seeking Longwood University classified or part-time staff member or a degree-seeking dependent child of a Longwood University classified or part-time staff member. Scholarship eligibility is based on current employment.
- If applicant is a continuing student, must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- A US citizen or eligible non-citizen as outlined by the FAFSA.
- Submit the completed application (docx) by the close of business on March 23, 2012 to Ray Heinrich (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Cynthia Thompson (email@example.com).
Staff Advisory Crock Pot Cook Off Winners!
Thank you to everyone who came out and supported the Staff Advisory Committee Crock Pot Cook Off! The Cook Off winners were:
First Place: Kent Booty
Runners Up: Billy Boulden and Jayne Fanshaw
Check out the slideshow here.
Staff Advisory Committee Crock Pot Cook Off!
Do you think you have the best crock pot recipe at Longwood?! If so, get your crock pots and taste buds ready for some serious fun! Compete in or attend the Staff Advisory Committee's Crock Pot Cook Off.
Staff Advisory Committee Recognizes RCL Office
On September 27, several members of the Staff Advisory Committee surprised the Residential and Commuter Life (RCL) staff with snacks and gifts in recognition of a job well done! The RCL office works tirelessly to promote living and learning environments that foster intellectual, academic and social growth for our students. Many of the staff members are also on call nights and weekends to respond to any issues that may arise. The RCL office deserves recognition for their efforts and dedication.
SAC Thanks Grounds Department
In line with its mission and in an effort to promote a positive work environment the Staff Advisory Committee voted at the July meeting to implement a recognition program among staff.
On Tuesday afternoon, August 3rd the committee held a "surprise" appreciation social for the Grounds Department at the Health and Fitness Center training room. The group gave out Longwood items and shirts donated from across campus. And cookies and lemonade were provided thanks to a generous donation from Longwood Dining Services.
Daphne Norton, S.A.C. Chair, welcomed the Grounds staff, and then each SAC member shared thanks on behalf of their respective areas. The committee plans to recognize another group of staff in the near future.
Please feel free to contact the Staff Advisory Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts, concerns or suggestions.