Longwood University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and master's degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Longwood University.
Contact information for the Commission on Colleges is provided above so that interested parties can learn more about the accreditation status of Longwood University; file a third-party comment at the time of Longwood University’s decennial review; or file a complaint against Longwood University for alleged significant non-compliance with a standard or requirement. Normal inquiries about Longwood University, such as admission requirements, financial aid, and educational programs should be addressed directly to Longwood University and not to the Commission.
Longwood University was first accredited by SACSCOC in 1927 and last reaffirmed in 2014. Longwood's next ten-year reaffirmation visit will occur in the spring of 2024.
Longwood University programs and units are also accredited by the following, with the latest accreditation year in parentheses:
- American Alliance of Museums (2010)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (2012)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (2013)
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (2012)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (2012)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (2012)
- Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (2015)
- Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism and Related Professions (2012)
- Council on Social Work Education (2014)
- International Association of Counseling Services (2012)
- National Association of Schools of Music (2006)
- National Association of Schools of Theatre (2012)
- Virginia Law Enforcement Professional Standards Commmission (2016)
- Virginia State Board of Education (2012)