Text Size Print
Questions or Comments?Please use our questions and comments form and we will respond as quickly as possible (if applicable).
What is an Area Coordinator.....
Area Coordinators (ACs) have a defined role in campus emergency/disaster preparedness: they prepare building response plans and coordinate education and planning in this area for all building occupants. In addition, they serve as the communication liaison between campus service agencies and building occupants under specific circumstances enumerated in the Area Coordinator Description. Area Coordinator duties should incorporate appropriate existing practices within campus buildings. The Office Facilities Management and Real Property is responsible for the coordination of the AC program and the Office of Environmental Health and Safety will provide assistance to ACs.
Area Coordinator Resources
- Longwood University Emergency Preparedness - Active Shooter
- Emergency Operations Plan - Section XI, Appendix I Criminal or Violent Behavior (pdf)
- Emergency Information Handbook (pdf)
- Cover Your Cough Flyer - English (pdf)
- Cover Your Cough Flyer - Spanish (pdf)
- Cover Your Cough Flyer - Chinese (pdf)
- Cover Your Cough Flyer - French (pdf)