Text Size Print
The following are the burn regulations and restrictions for scheduling ANY open fires (excludes grilling in a container such as a barbecue pit or grill):
- NO fires are allowed on non-State owned property (such as Foundation property) located in the Town of Farmville at any time during the year.
- Fires on State owned property must be granted permission by the Longwood University Office of Environmental Health and Safety and must be contained to the burn barrel or burn pan AND located on Iler Field until further notice.
- State Forestry burn bans apply from February 18th-April 30th of each year. During this time there is no burning prior to 4 p.m.
- Fires may be allowed in the County of Prince Edward outside of Town jurisdictional lines provided that all Dept. of Forestry guidelines are followed.
- The Office of Environmental Health and Safety reserves the right to inspect, enforce additional guidelines, or cancel burns or fires based upon weather conditions at the time of the event.
- Use of University Facilities - Policy 5101
- Use of Lancaster and Ruffer First Floor Public Space - Policy 5102
- Use of Lankford Student Union Public Space - Policy 5103
- Advertising and Posting of Flyers - Policy 1001
- Campus Non-Smoking Policy - Policy 5604