Dropping a Course
If your plans change after registration, please drop the course promptly. Courses are in high demand and fill quickly.
Drop by the Add/Drop deadline
- Access your account through myLongwood
- Follow prompts to complete the Add/Drop process
Confirm that the Drop processed
- 'View Detail Schedule' found on the Student Tab
- If the course is still showing, you have not completed all the steps to Drop the course(s).
- Go back to the Add/Drop function and complete the process again
A Drop processed by the Add/Drop deadline removes tuition and fee charges.
Failure to not login or access the course will not Drop the course. You must complete the Add/Drop process.
Why can't I Drop my course? If course payment has not been received by the due date, a hold will be placed on your account, which will prohibit adding or dropping.
If you have a hold on your account and are still within the add/drop period, contact the Registrar's Office (434)395-2580 to drop the course(s).
You will need to complete a Schedule Change Form (pdf) and submit it by fax or email to the Registrar's Office.
Withdrawing from a Course
Withdraw during Withdrawal Period (from add/drop deadline to withdrawal deadline)
*All tuition and fee charges will still apply.
Withdrawal requests after the deadline (no academic penalty)
Course withdrawal requests are considered for medical or other non-academic emergencies no later than noon on the last day of class. *All tuition and fee charges will still apply.
- Written withdrawal request
- Supporting documentation from a physician or other applicable support
Submit materials to the College of Graduate & Professional Studies
Please confirm receipt of materials. Call (434)395-2580 or e-mail for confirmation.
If you plan to take one of the following courses offered as part of the SLPOnline coursework, you must have completed the required prerequisites listed below.
- PCSD 313 (Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech and Hearing Mechanism) - Prerequisite BIOL 101 or equivalent
- PCSD 314 (Phonology and Language Disorders) - Prerequisites PCSD 285 and 307
- PCSD 361 (Audiology) - Prerequisite PCSD 313
- PCSD 450 (Speech Science) - Prerequisites PCSD 307, 313 and 361
- PCSD 455 (Neurology for Human Communication) - Prerequisite PCSD 313
If the prerequisites were taken at Longwood, you will not need to submit proof of having the prerequisite.
If the prerequisites were NOT taken at Longwood, you will need to submit a transcript (unofficial or official) from the college where you took the prerequisite course for evaluation.
Please contact Dr. Shannon Salley, Coordinator of SLP Online, for the following
- Evaluate transcripts and prerequisite completion
- Questions related to any course or its content
- Coursework advising
Coursework advising is done via email since these courses are online.
Email inquiries to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org will result in the fastest response to your questions
Tuition and Fees, Billing Policies & Procedures
- Tuition for SLPOnline Courses for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
Virginia (In-State) Residents - $275.00 per credit hour
Non-Virginia (Out-of-State) Residents - $350.00 per credit hour
(These rates do NOT apply to any other course offerings)
NOTE: Longwood University is a state-supported, public institution. Taxes paid by Virginia residents support public colleges and universities in Virginia. The Non-Virginia (Out-of-State) rate reflects that difference.
- After you receive your Longwood credentials from the Help Desk, visit https://my.longwood.edu to access your bill (choose the student tab and scroll to the financial section to see your bill). You may choose to pay via credit card online through myLongwood or via check or money order payable to Longwood University and mailed to Cashiering & Student Accounts, Longwood University, 201 High Street, Farmville, VA 23909.
- SLPOnline students are expected to make payment at the time of registration.
- Longwood sends eBills to your Longwood email account; bills are not sent via regular mail. You must check your Longwood email account regularly for official notices. Email to your Longwood email address is the official method of communication from Longwood to all students.
- Accounts not paid in full each semester by the due date can be assessed a 10% late payment fee.
- Please visit Student Accounts Billing & Payments, for payment options and full billing policies and procedures.
- Check https://my.longwood.edu, choose the Student Tab to see your registration status.
- Registration begins November 8, 2016
- Enrollment forms due by January 13, 2017
- Registration ends January 17, 2017
- Courses begin January 18, 2017
- Courses end May 9, 2017
- Last day to add/drop is January 25, 2017 by 5 p.m. ET
- Last day to withdraw with no academic penalty (however all tuition and fee charges will still apply): March 13, 2017 by 5pm ET
- Registration begins March 17, 2016
- Enrollment forms due by August 17, 2016
- Registration ends August 19, 2016
- Courses begin August 22, 2016
- Courses end December 9, 2016
- Last day to add/drop is August 29, 2016 by 5 p.m. ET
- Last day to withdraw with no academic penalty (however all tuition and fee charges will still apply): October 14, 2016 by 5 p.m. ET