The Department of Space Planning and Real Estate Services has a number of responsibilities in support of Longwood’s space and real estate management requirements.
Campus-Wide Space Management
- Develops and carries out the campus-wide space management policy and processes to effectively and efficiently utilize campus physical assets in support of the entire university community
- Maintains the inventory of all university-owned or leased real property
Real Estate Services
- Acquires and conveys university property
- Obtains and manages property easements
- Prepares and manages facility use agreements and leases
- Manages university historic resources
The department acts as the university liaison to communicate construction project impacts to the university and local communities.