Supporting Research at LU
The Office of Sponsored Programs & Research (OSPR) helps the LU community engage in sponsored research and creative activities by providing a range of helpful services:
Search for Funding Sources
- Identify appropriate federal, state, foundation and corporate funding opportunities and disseminate solicitations to interested faculty and staff.
- Obtain program guidelines, applications, abstracts of funded projects and sample funded proposals.
Guide Proposal Development
- Assist with the development or revision of proposals for external submission.
- Provide proposal review and editorial assistance.
- Foster collaborations by identifying faculty and staff with similar research and creative interests.
- Act as liaison with federal, state and foundation funding agencies for pre-award information and support.
- Provide follow-up consultation toward the revision and resubmission of declined proposals, including obtaining and interpreting reviewer comments and contacting the agency for additional insights into the review process.
Support Budget Preparation
- Assist with budget development and assure funding requests align with LU and sponsor guidelines.
- Assist with development of budget narratives.
- Complete agency-specific budget forms.
Authorize Proposals for Submission
- Review proposals for conformance to agency and LU guidelines.
- Provide guidance and support for the institutional approval process.
- Submit proposals to external agencies.
- Negotiate and initiate grant and contract awards.
- Obtain institutional approval for acceptance of awards.
- Assist with budget revisions, project extension requests and other functions necessitating sponsor approval.
- Assist with authorization and submission of required reports.