Concert Attendance and Review
current as of 8/16/12
Attend one of the following concerts:
All concerts are held in Molnar Recital Hall in the Wygal Building unless specified otherwise.
- 8/20 - Faculty Recital, First Night Gala - 7:30
- 9/20 - Faculty Recital (Lisa Kinzer, pianist) - 7:30
- 9/29 - Chamber Music Series - (Gallery Trio) - 7:30
- 10/6 - Faculty Recital (Roland Karnatz & Quux Collective) - 7:30
- 10/11 - Richmond Symphony - 7:30 - Jarman
- 10/25 - Wind Symphony Concert - 7:30 - Jaman
- 10/29 - Chamber Music Series (Amernet String Quartet) - 7:30
- 10/30 - Camerata Singers Concert - 7:30 - Farmville United Methodist Church
November 13, 2012 - Concert Review is due before 5:00 p.m.
- 11/13 - Jazz Ensemble Concert- 7:30 - Jarman
- 11/30 - Holiday Dinner/Concert (tickets required)- 6:30 - Dorrill Dining Hall
- 12/1 - Holiday Dinner/Concert (tickets required)- 6:30 - Dorrill Dining Hall
- 12/15 - Roy Clark Concert (tickets required) - 2:00 - Jarman
Write a 1-page review (with the standard heading) that discusses the following:
1. Which was your favorite piece and why?
2. Discuss something you heard at this concert which was a new musical sound or musical idea for you.
3. Attach the concert program to your one-page (no longer, please) review.
NOTE: You must choose from the first list above for your review unless you negotiate a substitution at least two weeks prior to the concert with your instructor. Examples of acceptable substitutes: 1. You are going home for the weekend and your family has an extra ticket for you to hear a Virginia Opera Performance. 2: Your sister goes to UVA and has been able to get tickets for a performance by the Julliard Quartet.
revised on 8/16/12