Concert Attendance and Review
current as of 8/23/14
Attend one of the following concerts:
All concerts are held in Molnar Recital Hall in the Wygal Building unless specified otherwise.
- 8/25 - Faculty Recital, First Night Gala - 7:30
- 9/22 - Chamber Music Series - Kandinsky Trio (violin, cello, piano) - 7:30
- 9/26 - Faculty Recital - Ycaza, Tuba - 7:30
- 10/19 - Chamber Music Series - Sam Savage, tenor- 4:00
- 10/28 - Cameratas and Chamber Singers- 7:30 - Jaman
- 11/6 - Wind Symphony Concert- 7:30 - Jarman
- 11/7 - Richmond Symphomy - 8:00 - Jarman
- 11/13 - Choral Concert - 7:30 - Jarman
- 11/14 - Percussion Ensemble - 7:30
- 11/18 - Jazz Ensemble Concert - 7:30 - Jarman
November 19, 2014 - Concert Review is due before 5:00 p.m.
- 11/24 - Men's Men's and Women's Choirs Concert- 7:30 - Jarman
- 12/5 - Holiday Dinner/Concert (tickets required)- 6:30 - Dorrill Dining Hall
- 12/6 - Holiday Dinner/Concert (tickets required)- 6:30 - Dorrill Dining Hall
Write a 1-page review (with the standard heading) that discusses the following:
1. Which was your favorite piece and why?
2. Discuss something you heard at this concert which was a new musical sound or musical idea for you.
3. Attach the concert program to your one-page (no longer, please) review. Submit your report as a hard copy.
NOTE: You must choose from the first list above for your review unless you negotiate a substitution at least two weeks prior to the concert with your instructor. Examples of acceptable substitutes: 1. You are going home for the weekend and your family has an extra ticket for you to hear a Virginia Opera Performance. 2: Your sister goes to UVA and has been able to get tickets for a performance by the Julliard Quartet.
revised on 8/23/14