To ensure program quality and to meet the increasing demands for accountability, each department within Student Affairs completes assessment on an on-going basis that focuses on University mission aligned student learning outcomes as well as program and service objectives. The Assessment Team works in conjunction with the Associate Dean and Vice-President for Student Affairs to oversee and facilitate the division's on-going assessment, research, and evaluation efforts.
Objectives for 2012-2013
- A division-wide calendar of planned student surveys will be published each semester and forwarded as part of a campus-wide calendar of surveys published by the Advisory Committee on Assessment (ACA).
- The current University policy and practices regarding the administration of electronic/paper campus surveys, both those formal and standardized and those representing student projects, will be reviewed and recommendations made on how to better prioritize and distribute them to minimize survey overload and fatigue.
- The Formal Program Review schedule and process will continue to be monitored and results from the CAS reviews heard along with the VPSA.
- Commonly used standardized student outcome and satisfaction surveys that offer national benchmarking will be compared so that a recommendation for use can be made.
- Assist with the development of a "tool book" of materials that will support staff in their assessment efforts. These materials will include a glossary of terms, recommended resources and references, and a variety of instructive handouts that will be added to a newly developed Student Affairs Assessment website.
- As the assessment expectations at the institutional, divisional, and departmental levels are defined and written materials developed, they will be reviewed and edited by the Team.
- Keeping in line with the recently adopted division-wide priority domains of student learning, the required "Common Questions for SA Program Evaluations" will be reviewed with recommendations forthcoming.
- Onie McKenzie, Convener
- Bryan Bristol
- Courtney Jones
- Matt McGregor
- Mary Meade Saunders
- Anitra Simmons
- Susan Sullivan