Lancer Productions is Longwood's very own event planning agency and LU's Premiere Programming organization. LP has 7 different committees that are responsible for planning weekend events such as comedians, musicians, novelty acts, slam poets, speakers and upholding Longwood's entertainment history. Apply to be a member of Lancer Productions -- APPLY HERE!
- Late Night - Are you up late? This committee brings fun and alternative events to the typical collegiate atmosphere when the sun goes down. What was previously known as the Novelty committee, this committee provides acts ranging from hypnotists to magicians to our famous Late Nights at the Rec, our new Elwood Nites, karaoke and trivia nights, and our upcoming Milly Badison Laser Light DJ show!
- Issues & Awareness - What are the hot topics? The Issues & Awareness committee wants to know and wants to give you an opportunity to engage in a conversation. In this committee students try to include diversity and education in the programming in a fun and engaging way. Potential acts can include slam poets, sex speakers, musical performers that continue cultural traditions and inspirational leaders. Past acts have included Recycled Percussion, Step Afrika, Live Sex Therapy with Daniel Packard, Shihan the Poet, and our upcoming Should Marijuana be Legalized speaker!
- Cinema - Love Movies? We do too! The Cinema committee provides new releases, old favorites, and eye catching documentaries that might take you to another world, teach you something new, or allow you just to relax. Movies are shown in a variety of formats including Double Features, at sporting events, on giant inflatable screens, and some semesters even weekly showings.
- Comedy - Do you want to Lancer out Loud? So do we. The Comedy committee prides itself on bringing known and up and coming acts to campus to hit your funny bone and appease a variety of tastes. The wide range of comedians brought across the year will allow you to blow off some steam and get some LOLing in. Come ride the LOLocoaster with us!
- Spirit - We've got spirit yes we do, we've got spirit, how about YOU? The Spirit comittee takes Lancer Pride to a new level. This committee sponsors Longwood sporting event half time games and prizes, decorates the Student Union for game days, provides movie showings for after selected games, holds contests, and sponsors bus trips to close away games.
- Marketing - Are you a Comm major or just want to get some experience building your craft? The Marketing committee can help with that. This committee provides a real life agency feel to Lancer Productions. You can design eye-catching flyers and posters, get experience being a social media manager, or even hone your Out of the Box or guerilla marketing skills by planning that outrageous marketing event.
Additionally, Lancer Productions has a Traditions committee that is responsible for planning some of Longwood's largest student run events. This includes Halloween, Superbowl, Snowball, and Spring Weekend.
- Halloween - Longwood is fully of history and inevitably ghosts! Every year for the Halloween season Lancer Productions provides events that will make you SCREAM-- in delight of course! Past events include, a bus trip to Busch Gardens for the Hallowscream Event, Dr. Jordan's Ghost Stories (a professor of anthropology who shares the ghost stories of Longwood followed by walking ghost tours around campus.)
- Snowball - Let it snow, let it snow, let it SNOW! This is Longwood's newest re-branded tradition! This winter festival provides musical entertainment, food, give-a-way items, a large ice-skating rink, and photo booths for Longwood students!
- SuperBowl - Whether you like the commercials or a huge football fan, the Super Bowl has something for you and so does Lancer Productions. There's always food, always the game, and always ways to win awesome prizes and enjoy one of the biggest Sundays of the year! Come as you are to this years Super Bowl Slumber Party-- PJs are optional, but being comfortable is not!
- Spring Weekend - Each April, Lancer Productions host Spring Weekend, which includes a chili cookofff, booths represented by campus organizations, novelty items and hours of musical entertainment. Past acts have included Taylor Swift, the Ying Yang Twins, Carbon Leaf, Bowling for Soup, Corey Smith, Clipse, the Sugar Hill Gang, Zac Brown Band, and Shwayze. Stay tuned for information regarding the upcoming Spring Weekend theme and acts!
Visit the Lancer Productions website to find out more.
Movers & Shakers
A special program, called Movers & Shakers, brings nearly 100 student organization volunteers to campus in order to assist students on move-in days.
Visit the Volunteer & Service Learning website to find out more.
Mortar Board was the first national organization honoring senior college women.
Visit the The Geist Chapter of Mortar Board at Longwood University website to find out more.
The Greek community at Longwood University has a long, rich tradition of fostering student involvement and development.
Since the founding of our first Greek organization in 1898, fraternity and sorority members have formed the bonds of brotherhood and sisterhood, strive to maintain high grade point averages, and provide service to The University and its surrounding community. In fact, Longwood University is internationally known as the "Mother of Sororities" with four national chapters having been founded on campus over 100 years ago.
Visit the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life website to find out more.