Procedures for Reserving Meeting and Event Space
The Student Union is the prime site for Longwood community gatherings. All facilities are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservation forms are available in the Student Union office, room 201. The Student Union staff is eager to assist organizations and departments with meeting and program logistics and planning.
To prepare the Student Union staff to best meet the needs of meeting and event sponsors, all requestors (internal and external) are required to complete a Reservation Request Form. External users must submit reservation requests for meetings and activities a minimum of 30 days prior to activity dates. Reservations submitted by internal and external users which will utilize existing room arrangements will be accepted up to 15days prior to session date. Activities involving special set ups, extensive audio visual equipment, or support staffing (security, tech., after hours supervisor, etc.) require a minimum of 30 days notice. Special arrangements and staffing is not guaranteed. Last minute requests will be accepted, only if, a minimum setup request can be met and a room is available.
The Student Union reserves the right to modify and/or change all reservations requests at any time.
General Building Guidelines
- Signs, notices, etc., may be posted on bulletin boards with approval from the Student Union. Decorations, signs, programs supplies, etc. may not be taped, stapled, nailed or tacked to any painted, glass, or wooden surfaces. Please use cork strips provided in meetings rooms.
- Selling, canvassing, or promotion of materials or goods with Lankford Student Union must be approved by and scheduled with the Executive Secretary.
- No one shall remain in the Student Union after it is closed without the permission of the Director.
- Animals are not permitted in the building at any time, with the exception of service animals.
- The Recreation Area is to be used by Longwood students, faculty, staff, and their accompanied guests.
- ARAMARK is the official, exclusive caterer of Longwood University. Any activity held in Lankford Student Union that requires food service must use the services of ARAMARK. Outside caterers are NOT permitted. Food service charges will be paid directly to ARAMARK, separate from other facility charges.
- All activities scheduled in Lankford must comply with all University policies regarding event sponsorship.
Sponsors are required to comply with the following regulations:
- Meet with the Operations Manager (#2267) to discuss and confirm room arrangements and meeting needs.
- Student Union equipment and furnishings may not be removed from assigned spaces.
- All decorations and outside equipment used for events must be removed by the reservation end time.
- Decorations, signs, program supplies, etc. may not be taped, stapled, nailed or tacked to any painted, glass, or wooden surfaces. Please use cork strips provided in meeting rooms.
- Major rearranging of furnishings is prohibited.
- Sponsors are responsible for any negligent damage to the building or property attributable to their event. Fees will be assessed accordingly.
- The Student Union must be notified of any cancellations in advance.
- Events involving refreshments and/or catered food must go through ARAMARK.
- Events by external users are responsible for employing campus police and conducting the activity in compliance with college policies.
- Events by internal users involving alcohol require the approval of the Dean of Students and must be registered at least 7 days in advance. In approved cases, the sponsoring organization is responsible for employing campus police and conducting the activity in compliance with the policy outlined in the event planning section of the Student Handbook.
- Guests and community members attending evening socials (dances, parties, etc.) must be 18 years or older.