- Completion of high school chemistry
- Interest in the sciences
- Willingness to learn and to work hard and be a part of a team
Other requirements – must meet two of the following:
- Rural, frontier, or other targeted outreach schools
- Student is female in certain STEM fields, e.g., physical science, computer science, mathematics, or engineering
- Student is a minority historically under-represented in STEM (Alaskan Native, Native American, Black or African American, Hispanic, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander)
- Student qualifies for free or reduced lunch (or family income is less than 200% of federal poverty level)
- English as a second language for the student
- Student is a first-generation college student
- Students must be able to commute to/from Longwood every day.
- Programs are from May 27 - July 17, 2020 (8-weeks), 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Students earn a stipend of $2500 and a meal plan.