Check out this video on how you can save energy and money, and spend time doing the things you love.
Energy Saving Tips and Tricks
- Turn off the lights when you leave your room for more than 5 minutes.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs or LED bulbs.
- Unplug chargers and electronics when not in use, they draw energy whenever they are plugged in.
- Buy Energy Star label appliances, when given the option using this Energy Start Product Finder.
- Limit the time it takes for you to shower and use hot water sparingly.
- Try to wash clothes using cold water and always rinse with cold water. There are even detergents made today that are meant to be used with cold water.
- Set refrigerators to 38-42°F and freezers between 0-5°F for maximum energy savings.
- Utilize outdoor space and lighting by studying outdoors. Not only does this save energy, but it can be a good change of scenery when studying.
Have any energy saving tips of your own, send them to us at email@example.com.
A Message from Virginia Energy Sense's Jack
Introducing Virginia Energy Sense's wisecracking power plug and his friend Buddy here to teach us about energy conservation and the new Value Your Power energy program.