Managing Deleted Messages
PLEASE NOTE that if you are using Outlook / Entourage / etc, that messages in the Trash folder on the server will need to be deleted as well because they count against your quota.
To delete messages in your local e-mail program on your machine, you can continue to use the current delete/purge method used previously, you can move messages to the Trash folder on the server, or you can move the messages to a folder on your local machine. If moving items to your Trash folder, be sure to go in periodically and clean them out.
You may need to "subscribe" to the folders on the server from your local e-mail program so that they are visible.
Your Calendar In Outlook
You can access the Calendar mode in Outlook by using the Go menu, the Large Calendar Button or the Small Calendar Button buttons, depending on how you have your menu in the lower left corner arranged.
To change the displays in Outlook, select one of the buttons pictured below in your toolbar. They change how many days you can view at once.
Requesting Non-People Resources (i.e. Equipment, Rooms) For Your Calendar
To request non-people resources to be added to the WebCalendar system, please contact User Support Services and place a work order. We can be contacted Monday - Thursday 7:45 AM - 7:00 Pm, Friday 7:45 AM - 5:00 PM, and at 434-395-4357 or you can place a work order online.
Making Calendar Appointments in Outlook
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Appointment or use the New button (the small black triangle beside it has additional options). You can also single left click and highlight blocks of time (to put in just the title) or double left click (to get the additional appointment properties window) to create a new event.
- In the Subject box, type a description.
- In the Location box, enter the location.
- Enter start and end times.
- Select any other options you want.
- To make the appointment recur, click Recurrence.
- Click the frequency (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly) with which the appointment recurs, and then select options for the frequency.
- Click OK.
- Click Save and Close.