Configure Entourage for Live Mail
- In Entourage for Mac, on the Tools menu, click Accounts > New.
- In the New Account window, under Add new mail account, select IMAP or POP from the drop-down menu next to Account type, and then click OK. You might want to use IMAP because it supports more features.
- On the Edit Account page, do the following:
- Under Account name, type a name for this account, for example, Exchange Labs
- Under Personal Information:
- Next to Name, enter the name you want people to see when you send them e-mail.
- Next to E-mail address, enter your full e-mail address, for example, email@example.com.
- Under Receiving mail:
- Next to Account ID, enter your full e-mail address.
- If you're using IMAP4, next to IMAP server, type imap.exchangelabs.com. If you're using POP3, under POP server, type pop.exchangelabs.com.
- Next to Password, enter your password. If you want to save your password, you can select the check box next to Save password in my Mac OS keychain.
- Click here for advanced receiving options.
- In the pop-up window that appears, select the check box next to This IMAP service requires a secure connection (SSL), and then click the close button in the upper-left corner of the pop-up window.
- Under Sending mail:
- Next to SMTP server, enter smtp.exchangelabs.com.
- Click here for advanced sending options.
In the pop-up window that appears, do the following:
- Select the check box next to SMTP service requires secure connection (SSL).
- Select the check box next to Override default SMTP port and change the port from 25 to 587.
- Select the check box next to SMTP server requires authentication.
- Select the Use same settings as receiving mail server option, and then click the close button in the upper-left corner of the pop-up window.
- On the Options page, select the options you want. If you're using IMAP4, you can also select options on the Advanced page.
Caution: If you're using POP3, on the Options page, under Server options, select Leave a copy of each message on the server if you want to keep a copy of your messages on the server. If you don't do this, all messages will be removed from the server and stored locally on your computer.
- In the Edit Account window, click OK to save your settings.
- Close the Accounts dialog box.