Where are you headed after college?

Going to Graduate School?

Perhaps you are getting ready to go to graduate school to pursue a higher degree.  If you need to take a standardized test, such as the GRE, in order to apply, you may be able to receive some accommodations on the test.  Make an appointment with Madeline Schutt to make sure your documentation is up to date.  Keep in mind that the ETS, who administers many standardized tests, recommends that you submit your application and your documentation no later than six weeks before the test date!

Start researching graduate schools early, maybe even begin the search at the end of your sophomore year in college.  You should look for a school that fits your budget and your educational needs.  You may want to visit some schools, and meeting with the school's disability office isn't a bad idea either! 

You may want to check out Longwood's University Career Center to discuss your options.  If you have a career option in mind, the staff can help you research schools and programs that will help you get the education you need.  There are also some helpful links below.

Going to Work?

If you are getting ready to enter the workforce, you may want to be aware of a few things.  For instance, did you know that the same law that provides qualified individuals with disabilities with accommodations in college also provides for some reasonable accommodations in the workplace?  Do you use assistive technology?  If you do, you may need it in the workplace as well.  Check out the links below to learn more about assistive technology in the workplace.  You should also visit Longwood's University Career Center to brush up on your interview skills, to polish your resume, and to receive assistance with your job search!

Career Opportunities - Longwood Students

Below are some career and internship opportunities that are available to Longwood students. Please review these opportunities and contact our office at (434) 395-2391 or accessibilityresources@longwood.edu with questions.