Canvas by Instructure is Longwood's learning management system (LMS). Canvas supports online, hybrid, and face to face instruction.
The Digital Education Collaborative administers Canvas and offers the following services:
- Group and one-on-one training for faculty, staff and students
- Course cross-listing/merging
- Canvas Corner Lunch and Learns
- Canvas support via phone, e-mail or walk-ins
Learn more about Canvas
See sample courses built in Canvas
Panopto Lecture Capture
Why use Lecture Capture?
- Flip your classroom
- Teach blended, hybrid and MOOC
- Repurpose content from year to year
- Host virtual office hours
- Prepare students for detail-intensive lab exercises
- Reach distance students
- No class cancellations, pre-record content
For assistance, email email@example.com.
Quality Matters (QM) is a faculty-centered, peer review process that is designed to certify the quality of online and blended courses. QM is a leader in quality assurance for online education and has received national recognition for its peer-based approach and continuous improvement in online education and student learning. QM subscribers include community and technical colleges, colleges and universities, K-12 schools and systems, and other academic institutions.
Quality Matters processes benefit both individual faculty and their institutions in the following ways:
- Improved student learning outcomes and retention
- Adoption of a systematic and comprehensive continuous quality assurance process that includes faculty training, course development, and course revisions that are aligned with accreditation standards
- Incorporation of new technologies and research findings
- Opportunity to engage in benchmarking activities with peer institutions
- Ongoing faculty professional development
- Increased flexibility, creativity, and divergent thinking
- Increased efficiency in using institutional resources
All faculty teaching online and hybrid courses are required to participate in an informal QM review every three years. Brochures and sample Quality Matters peer review rubrics are available. Please review our Quality Matters Review Procedures. (pdf)
To learn more about Quality Matters visit: www.qmprogram.org or call the DEC at (434) 395.4332.