To apply for admission to the MBA program at Longwood University, students must submit:
- An application and $50 application fee. On-line or printable application forms can be found on the Graduate Studies Admission Procedures web site. Application materials are also available by completing the information request form.
- Three recommendations; at least one being from an employer/professional source. Recommendation forms can be found on the Graduate Studies Admission Procedures web site.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
- GMAT score or GMAT waiver.
- A personal essay of 500 words or more discussing your interest in the MBA program. Include your career goals and how the graduate program for which you are applying would help to meet those goals; prior work/life experiences which relate to your interest in, and aptitude for, the graduate program for which you are applying; your perception of your intellectual capability to complete successfully your graduate program.
Applicants from outside the U.S. must also submit an official TOEFL score of 570 or higher (paper test) or 80 or higher (Internet test) or an official IELTS score of 6.5 or higher. The TOEFL/IELTS requirement may be waived for applicants whose previous degree is from a university at which English is the primary language of instruction. All applicants are expected to meet all admission requirements in order to be considered as we do not grant conditional admits. International students are also responsible for obtaining a certified letter of sponsorship and a bank statement proving finances for the first year.
Please visit the International Student page on the College of Graduate & Professional Studies site for more information.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis; however, following these deadlines will assure optimum consideration for admission, financial aid and course selection. Submit completed Application Packet by
- February 1 for full-time students that start in the Summer Semester
- May 1 for part-time students that start in the Fall Semester
Students are typically notified within 45 days after receipt of their completed applications.