Clean Virginia Waterways has a new web site! Please bookmark the our new home page! is an award-winning, statewide, nonprofit organization dedicated to citizen stewardship of Virginia's water resources. For 17 years, Clean Virginia Waterways (affiliated with Longwood University) has coordinated the annual Virginia Waterways Cleanup (part of Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup).
- Affiliated with Longwood University, Ocean Conservancy and Keep Virginia Beautiful
- Water-related education for teachers, students, landowners
- Litter Prevention & Marine Debris leadership
- Virginia Resource Use Education Council member
- Virginia Water Monitoring Council member
- Provider of workshops and seminars about water resource stewardship
- Supported by grants, gifts and workshop fees. Please consider making a gift to support our important work!
Virginia Waterways Cleanup (part of Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup)
More than 180 river & beach cleanups were held this fall all over Virginia! More than 6,000 volunteers removed more than 250,000 pounds of trash and litter from Virginia's waterways this fall from September 1 through October 31, 2012. Thanks to our sponsors and volunteers who made this possible! CVW staff is busy entering all the data that were collected by our great volunteers!
Virginia Balloon Research Study in conjunction with the VA Aquarium and Marine Science Center
Find a littered balloon in Virginia? Please let us know. Click here for details.
Rain barrels to harvest rain water!
On a sad note, Clean Virginia Waterways' Board member, Seba Sheavly passed away on June 1, 2012. To learn more about this amazing marine biologist, researcher and educator, please click here.
Feel good and have a ball as you help clean our waterways! Click here for 2012 cleanup sites!
Join Clean Virginia Waterways on Facebook.
Clean Virginia Waterways, Longwood University, 201 High Street, Farmville, VA 23909
434-395-2602 Fax: 434-395-2978 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Join Clean Virginia Waterways on Facebook.