The Longwood University Board of Visitors took the following actions during its meeting June 14:
- Elected a new slate of officers—Marianne Radcliff ’92, rector; Dr. Judi Lynch ’87, vice rector; Ronald O. White, secretary; and Jane Sheffield Maddux, member-at-large. Radcliff, Lynch and White were reelected to their positions. Maddux replaces Stephen Mobley ’93.
- Approved an internal operating budget for fiscal 2013-14. The projected revenue budget is about $109.4 million. The projected expenditure budget is nearly $106.5 million.
- Approved allocating up to $1,045,000 from the university’s General Auxiliary Reserves.
- Approved an amended and restated memorandum of understanding between Longwood University and the Longwood University Real Estate Foundation.
- Approved revisions to the Faculty Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Approved revisions to the Student Handbook.
- Approved a Six-Year Institutional Plan, as required by the state.
- Approved revisions to the Six-Year Institutional Plan for the Commonwealth Center for Advanced Logistics Systems (CCALS), of which Longwood is a founding member. CCALS in 2011 was included in the university’s six-year plan, but state officials later asked Longwood to submit a separate plan.
- Repealed outdated parking regulation 8 VAC 50-10 (Motor Vehicle Parking and Traffic Rules and Regulations) and approved Policy 3405 (Motor Vehicle Parking and Traffic Regulations) as a regulation (the Board had previously approved this as a policy only) to replace the repealed regulation.
- Approved revisions to the Board of Visitors’ bylaws.
- Approved emerita status for Dr. Ruth Budd, professor of modern languages, who retired at the end of the spring semester.
- Affirmed the hiring of 22 new faculty.
Leave a Comment