Lancer Summer Decision Day: Special Event for Rising High School Seniors
Get a jumpstart on your senior year! Attend a Lancer Summer Decision Day, bring your high school transcript and test score (SAT or ACT) and receive an immediate Fall 2018 admission decision while you visit campus!
- You have until May 1, 2018 to make a final decision about attending Longwood in the fall.
- Participation does not guarantee acceptance.
- Applications are reviewed using normal admission policies.
- Nursing applicants are not eligible to participate in this program.
Summer 2017 Lancer Decision Day Tentative Sample of Events
10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
(Check-in begins at 9:45 a.m.)
Submit your admission documents and enter for a chance to win cool Longwood swag. Light refreshment served.
Welcome & Introductions
Special Longwood welcome followed by a meet & greet with your dedicated admission counselor.
Lancer 101: Life at Longwood
Learn about the admission process, majors, financial aid and life in a college town focused on your success.
The goal is for you to leave with all your questions answered.
Lunch on us
Experience the goodness known as D-Hall, our on-campus dining facility for Lancers.
Discover the beauty of campus while touring academic and student success buildings, residential halls and the recreational center.
1-on-1 college counseling session with an admission representative.
Select the date that works best for your summer plans!
Friday, June 23
Wednesday, June 28
Wednesday, July 5
Thursday, July 13
Wednesday, July 19
Monday, July 24
Friday, August 4
Wednesday, August 9
Tuesday, August 15
Thursday, August 24
Friday, September 1
Lancer 101: Weekday & Weekend Information Session & Tour
Attend our 2-hour experience and discover “why Longwood” through an engaging presentation highlighting the admission process, majors, financial aid, and life as a Lancer. Each session is followed by a walking tour of campus led by a current Lancer We encourage you to wear comfortable walking shoes and clothing as our tour covers a large majority of our 154-acre campus.
Lancer 101 is offered every weekday and select weekends except holidays, university closings and special event days. Schedule your visit today!
Lancer 360° Longwood Open House: Special Event for High School Seniors and Transfers
Designed with you, the future Lancer in mind, Lancer 360° Live showcases academic and campus life activities you will experience as a Lancer. Speak with your dedicated admission and financial counselor, interact with other future Lancers, discuss majors options with professors focused on your success, and tour campus with a Lancer Ambassador.
- Sunday, October 8, 2017
- Saturday, November 4, 2017
- Saturday, February 24, 2018
Registration opens late summer 2017.
Lancer Jumpstart: Special Event for High School Juniors
Your journey begins now to find the “just right” college fit! Attend Lancer Jumpstart to discover what “just right” feels like through engaging workshops, presentations, and Lancer-led activities.
- Chance to win one of three $1,000 scholarships
- Meet your dedicated, personal admission counselor and other future Lancers
- Tour our not-too-big, not-too-small campus in a historic college town
- Enjoy lunch on us and take home some cool swag
- Receive an application fee waiver, a $50 savings
Join us Saturday, March 24, 2018.
Registration opens early winter 2017.
Lancer Herd: Group Visit Experience: Special Event for Groups of 10 or More
We work very closely with high schools and community organizations to create a tailored, engaging event for groups of college-bound students to visit campus. Your experience will include an admission and financial presentation, campus tour, and a customizable workshop or session of your choosing.
To provide a memorable experience, please adhere to the group criteria listed below:
- Sophomore – senior high school students.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate elementary and middle school groups at this time.
- Group visit requests should be scheduled at least 21 days prior to the requested visit date.
- Groups should be a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 40 students, with one chaperone per 20 visiting students.
If you're planning a visit and need any of the following, please call the Admissions Office to make arrangements:
- Braille material: six weeks advance notice
- Enlarged material: one-week advance notice
- Sign language interpreter: six weeks advance notice
- Limited transportation on campus: three business days advance notice