Office Name/Type of ComplaintLink to Information
Academic Suspension Appeals Petition of Academic Suspension Procedures
Campus Recreation Comments/Suggestions for Campus Recreation
Conduct/Honor Board Decision Appeals Student Handbook (Appeal Process, Page 14)
Counseling and Psychological Services Complaints/Concerns about Counseling and Psychological Services
Damage Appeals RResidential and Commuter Life Damage Appeals Process  (pdf)
Dean of Students Dean of Students Grievance Procedure
Dining Services Dining Services: Contact Us
Disability Resources Disability Resources Grievance Procedure
Diversity and Inclusion Diversity and Inclusion Complaints
Faculty, Teaching and/or Curriculum The student should contact the following people, in order, until the complaint is resolved:
  1. The faculty member involved in the complaint.
  2. The faculty member’s department chair.
  3. The dean of the college involved in the complaint.
For grade concerns, see grade appeal procedure below.  If you have any questions about filing a faculty, teaching and/or curriculum complaints, please contact Academic Affairs.
Fraternity and Sorority Life Fraternity and Sorority Life Suggestions/Complaints
General Complaints (Not Covered By Another Policy/Procedure) The student should contact the following people, in order, until the complaint is resolved:
  1. The staff member involved in the complaint.
  2. The staff member’s supervisor.
  3. The head of the department or unit involved in the complaint.
If you have any questions about how to file a general complaint, please contact the Dean of Students.
Grade Appeals Undergraduate Catalog (Grade Appeals, Page 39) Graduate Catalog (Grade Appeals, Page 42)
Graduate Student Termination Appeals Graduate Catalog (Graduate Petitions Committee, Page 123)
Hazing/Abusive Behavior Fraternity & Sorority Life Contact Us/ Hazing Hotline Information
Leadership and Civic Engagement Leadership and Civic Engagement Complaints
Modification of Degree Requirements Policy on Modification of General Education or Additional Degree Requirements & Procedure for Petitioning
Parking Appeals Parking Appeals
Police Department Police Department Complaint Report
Residency/Domicile appeals Undergraduate Catalog (Qualifying for Virginia Tuition Rates, Pages 10-11) Graduate Catalog (Qualifying for Virginia Tuition Rates, Page 22)
Residential and Commuter Life RCL Grievance Procedure (pdf)
Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeals Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form (pdf)
Sexual Harassment Complaints Sexual Misconduct Reporting Options
Student Complaints About Another Student Honor Charge Form (pdf) / Conduct Charge Form (pdf)
Student Engagement and Involvement Student Engagement Suggestions/Complaints
Student Health and Wellness Center Student Health and Wellness Center, Contact Us
Student Records Disputes Policy 1007
Student-Athlete Grievances and Appeals Student-Athlete Handbook Alcohol Policy Appeals, page 59 Attendance Policy Appeals, page 20 Drug Policy Appeals, page 59 Financial Aid Appeals, page 47 General Grievance Procedures, page 61
Tuition Appeals Tuition Appeals Form (pdf)
Tuition Surcharge Complaints 125% Credit Hour Threshold/Appeals

The Office of Student Affairs encourages you to submit any suggestions or comments you would like and we will read and respond to them.

Complaints:  A student wishing to file a complaint with the Office of Student Affairs shall fill out the below form with 30 calendar days of the event(s) triggering the grievance.  The grievance must include:

  • A clear statement of the university rule, regulation, policy and/or action of which the student complains;
  • The date of when the action occurred;
  • A summary of the action(s) which the student has taken to resolve the matter informally;
  • Documentation which supports the grievances.

Please read the Grievance and Complain Procedures in the Student Handbook.