As we return to campus for this academic year and manage the impact of COVID-19 in our community, a mutual commitment to the health and well-being of one another has never been more important.
I commit to following these guidelines:
- I will not come to campus if I am experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or if I am unvaccinated and aware of being a contact exposure to a positive case.
- Prior to coming to campus, I will conduct a self-check for any of the following new and otherwise unexplained symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, sore throat, muscles aches and loss of taste or smell.
- If I do not confirm I am vaccinated, for any reason, I will still be allowed to register and come to campus. If I am not submitting certification that I have been vaccinated, I agree to the following:
- I understand COVID-19 is a highly contagious respiratory virus which carries risk of long-term medical problems or death, and that individuals who choose not to get vaccinated may put members of our campus and local community at risk. Due to this risk to others, Longwood reserves the right to require reasonable risk mitigation strategies by individuals who have not confirmed they have been vaccinated;
- I agree to isolate or quarantine for up to 14 days if asked by the University or Virginia Department of Health due to a positive test result or contact exposure.
- I will be required to wear a mask when around others.
- I may also face limitations on travel or participation in certain student activities and events, and may be required to participate in testing for COVID-19.
- If required by public health guidance, I will wear a face covering at all times in indoor public areas on campus, including in Longwood Managed Housing (except in my own room, bathroom, or while eating) as well as when in classrooms, conducting business in offices, and other shared spaces on campus.
- I will abide by all stated and posted expectations/restrictions for use of shared residential spaces such as common areas, study lounges, kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms.
- If directed by a health care professional, I will quarantine or self-isolate for as long as deemed necessary and notify the University Health Center of those I have been in close contact with. If I develop COVID-19 symptoms I will follow the directions of the University Health Center for reporting symptoms, receiving care, and quarantining and isolating as directed.
- I acknowledge that the COVID-19 virus is highly contagious and that Longwood University cannot guarantee that I will not be exposed to COVID-19. I understand that the risks of exposure to COVID-19 cannot be eliminated regardless of the care and reasonable efforts taken to avoid and mitigate those risks. I also understand that exposure to COVID-19 may be especially unsafe if I am at higher risk for severe complications. Knowing these risks, I hereby assume these risks and I am choosing to attend Longwood University.
- I understand that the exact requirements for students, regardless of vaccination status, will be based on ongoing public health guidance and may change throughout the academic year.
- I understand that failure to comply with these directives may result in disciplinary action, with sanctions including disciplinary probation, disciplinary suspension, and/or expulsion.