- About Longwood
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Academics & Majors
- Student Life
- Offices & Services
- News & Events
Text Size Print
News & Events
Longwood University and the Robert Russa Moton Museum, the National Historic Landmark where a 1951 student strike helped launch the modern American civil rights movement, will pursue an affiliation that will preserve the museum’s site and educational mission in perpetuity.Read more
Latest News Stories
- American Shakespeare Center to present free performance of Hamlet at Longwood Sept. 16 (8/26)
- Plans for Upchurch University Center revealed (8/25)
Latest Media News, Editorials, Etc.
- College affordability is the heart of democracy (8/19)
- Dr. Adam Franssen to conduct a Reddit Science AMA (ask me anything) on Tuesday, July 8 (7/3)
Latest Faculty & Staff News
- Longwood music faculty to perform at annual first night gala Aug. 25 (8/18)
- Funeral homes undergoing major changes, say Longwood sociologists (8/15)
Longwood University endorses the Grow By Degrees campaign launched on June 22 by the Virginia Business Higher Education Council (VBHEC). The goal of the program is to promote economic growth in Virginia through higher education.
"With Good Reason" (WGR) is Virginia's first and only statewide public radio program featuring interviews with outstanding faculty members at Virginia's public colleges and universities on topics of interest to the general public. The pre-recorded, half-hour NPR program normally features two faculty members from two different institutions. With Good Reason is funded by the Virginia Higher Education Broadcasting Consortium and produced and sponsored by the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities and Public Policy in Charlottesville.