Text Size Default Text SizeDefault Text Size Large Text SizeLarge Text Size Largest Text SizeLargest Text Size Print Print this Page

VA Community College & Richard Bland Transfer Guide

rbc transfer

Transferring to Longwood couldn't be easier.

This Transfer Guide is designed specifically for students planning to transfer from Richard Bland College or any Virginia community college.


In compliance with the State Policy on Transfer, if you earn the Associate of Arts, the Associate of Science or the Associate of Arts and Science Degree from one of the Maryland or Virginia community colleges or Richard Bland College, prior to attending Longwood, and are accepted to Longwood, you will enter with junior class standing and all Lower Division General Education Goals will be fulfilled. In addition, Longwood allows all of your courses taken for that degree to transfer (including D grades, unless there are restrictions for native students). For more information, see the State Policy on Transfer.

Please use the links to the right for planning and other information related to transferring from a Virginia community college or Richard Bland College.

student on bike

Please note:  A transfer student is defined as a student entering the institution for the first time, but known to have previously attended a post-secondary institution the fall semester after high school graduation and beyond.