Call Me MISTER
A Scholarship Teaching Program
The Call Me MISTER program is a national teacher leadership program that not only prepares you for a successful career as an elementary or secondary teacher, but also provides you with resources that will lace you in a position to effectively impact the lives of children.
Program participants are selected from among under-served, socio-economically disadvantaged and educationally at-risk communities.
The Call Me MISTER program is contributing to the talent pool of excellent teachers by identifying and supporting young men who are literally "touching the future" by teaching children. This successful model seeks to reverse the lack of young men who are leaders, role models, and teachers in communities.
2011 Summer Institute Banquet
Call Me MISTER Philosophy
- We strive for full development of each teacher, drawing from educational resources within and beyond the classroom walls.
- We encourage men of more diverse backgrounds to engage and accept the challenges of encouraging students of all races to strive for personal excellence.
- We promote the training of skilled and caring faculty who will stimulate, guide and challenge their students to become leaders and positive role models in their respective communities.
- We support committed, motivated students who desire to make a difference in the lives of young people.
- We support men who value energy, enthusiasm, determination, imagination, curiosity, creativity and a sense of humor.
- We hold respect, responsibility, and support as core values of the MISTER community.
- We value contributions to society by undertaking opportunities of outreach and service to others.