Office of Professional Services
The Office of Professional Services coordinates field and clinical experiences for undergraduate and graduate teacher candidates who are pursuing an initial teaching license.
Field and clinical experiences include Practicum I, Practicum II, Partnership, Professional Semester and Graduate Professional Semester.
OPS going Paperless
S.T.A.R.S. 2103-2014 (pdf)
Do you know where you want to teach?
Here is a helpful link for prospective Virginia teachers.
One Stop OPS
- Virginia School Divisions for Placements (pdf)
- Additional Student Teaching Requirements for School Divisions (pdf)
- Requirements for Placement (pdf)
- Prelude Notes Outline (pdf)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What I Wish I Had Known Sooner (pdf)
- Additional Information for Prospective Transfer Students
- Document Request Form (pdf)
Stay updated join our OPS facebook group.
Important Dates & Timelines
Make sure you view our:
- important dates
- timeline of OPS Deadlines, Requirements for Teacher Prep, and Placements (pdf)
- suggested timeline for Liberal Studies majors