Building on the success of a full academic year with students on campus and in classrooms, Longwood is looking to the Fall 2021 semester with a full slate of in-person classes. The 2020-21 academic year was built on the following Shared Commitment by students, faculty and staff designed by representatives from leading student organizations, including Student Government Association.
I commit to following these guidelines:
- I will follow the directions of the University Health Center for reporting symptoms, receiving care and self-isolating as directed.
- I will begin answering daily screening questions 10 days before arriving on campus and then every day throughout the semester. If I answer yes to any of these daily health-screening questions, I will contact the University Health Center:
- Are you currently experiencing a fever (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher)?
- Are you currently experiencing a new cough?
- Are you currently experiencing a new shortness of breath?
- Are you currently experiencing new chills?
- Are you currently experiencing a new sore throat?
- Are you currently experiencing new muscle aches?
- Have you had a loss of taste or smell?
- I will practice recommended physical distancing between others and myself.
- I will wear a face covering that covers my nose and mouth at all times when indoors in classrooms, labs and other public settings, and when outdoors in the presence of others.
- I will assume permission to remind anyone to wear a face covering or social distance, including a faculty or staff member.
- I will not host or attend gatherings off campus where safety guidelines cannot be met.
- I recognize the importance of practicing good personal hygiene (washing my hands frequently, not touching my face, etc.).
- I will adhere to posted capacity limits for all campus spaces including lounges, meeting and study rooms, and common spaces.
If I live in Longwood-managed housing, I also commit to these guidelines:
- I will wear a face covering at all times while in Longwood-managed housing (except when in my assigned living space).
- I will not host guests, including family members, unless they are current members of my residential community.