Come hear graduate students in Communication Sciences and Disorders and Counseling graduate programs give oral presentations summarizing their research at the Graduate Research Symposium during the Spring Showcase for Research and Creative Inquiry on April 23rd.
During the Graduate Research Symposium, the second block of Graduate Student oral presentations will be from 5:05 to 5:55 PM in the following locations in the Upchurch Student Center:
In the Simpson Room (Upchurch 313), graduate students from the Communication Sciences and Disorders graduate program will present various topics including:
- Connections between Hearing Loss and Other Health Conditions: Diabetes, Depression, and Increased Hospitalizations
In the Kraemer Room (Upchurch 312), graduate students from the Counseling graduate program will present various topics including:
- The Impact of Counselor Self-Disclosure on Sexual Minority Participant’s Perceptions of the Helping Alliance
- The Effectiveness of Intensive In-home Counseling for Children with Trauma Histories
In the House Room (Upchurch 302), graduate students from the Counseling graduate program will present various topics including:
- Understanding Sex Education Programs and their Effectiveness
- The effectiveness of inpatient treatment programs for military veterans with PTSD and comorbid mental health issues
Please stop by to hear about the students' research.