Students- you are invited to present your research at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference for Undergraduate Scholarship (MARCUS), a regional multidisciplinary research conference.
The 24th Annual Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference for Undergraduate Scholarship (MARCUS) will take place on Saturday, October 22, 2022, from 8:15 a.m.-4 p.m. hosted by Randolph College.
MARCUS is a presentation venue for undergraduate scholarship in all disciplines.
Registration and Costs
Entrance fee, light breakfast, keynote presentation, full lunch, and afternoon snacks are included with registration.
- Early bird registration (prior to 5 p.m., 9/12/22) and general public $37
- Registration (begins 5:01 p.m., 9/12/22) $47
All attendees (presenters, faculty, mentors, guests) need to register via the link expired to attend MARCUS.
To present at MARCUS and be included in the program, complete the link expired Deadline: 9/29/22
- Poster Presentations: A standard poster is a single visual, typically between 3-5 feet on a side, with a minimum of 24 point font. Randolph will supply a 4’x 6′ board and easel.
- Oral Presentations: Oral presentations are strictly limited to 12 minutes in length, with 3 minutes for Q&A. Most typically, accompanying slides are in presented PowerPoint, but you are not required to use slides/PowerPoint.
- Elevator Speech (limited to 8 registrants): For the elevator speech, the presenter describes their research so that anyone can understand it. They do not have to conform to their field’s typical way of presenting research. The elevator speech is no more than 5 minutes (with up to an additional 3 minutes for Q&A) and may use visuals in the same way as the longer, oral presentations.