Longwood University's Department of Theatre, Art, and Graphic and Animation Design is hosting visiting artists Jessica Spring and Chandler O’Leary, creators of artist's books & broadside prints, and co-authors of recent publication Dead Feminists: historic heroines in living color this week (February 2-4). An exhibition of their work, Broad Words: Books & Prints from Chandler O'Leary and Jessica Spring, will be on display in the Bedford Gallery through March 1. The artists will be creating a broadside print featuring Barbara Rose Johns. Come print a piece of history in Bedford's letterpress studio, and see these amazing artists at work. Additional support provided by the Department of History, Political Science, and Philosophy.
See our flyer Dead Feminists: historic heroines in living color
- Thursday, Feb. 2 @ 4 p.m. – Artists Talk, Bedford Auditorium (Rm 111)
- Thursday, Feb. 2 @ 5-6 p.m. Opening reception with book signing, Bedford Gallery
- Friday, Feb. 3 @ noon. Illustration/hand lettering talk with Chandler O’Leary, Rm 211, Bedford
- Saturday, Feb 4. Open Printing Studio Session,10 a.m. – Noon and 1 – 3 p.m. Rm 217, Bedford
- Bedford Gallery Hours: Open Daily, M-F, 9-5, p.m.