Phi Epsilon Kappa
Phi Epsilon Kappa Fraternity is a national professional fraternity for persons engaged in or pursuing careers in physical education, health, recreation, human performance, exercise science, and athletic training. Membership is open to all persons interested in the purposes of the Fraternity and providing time and energy for the benefit of the above-mentioned areas. Longwood University's chapter invites individuals to become members.
Faculty Sponsor: Mrs. Alicia Peterson
The HPE Club supports, encourages, and provides professional opportunities and experiences; promotes professional growth and understanding; and encourages participation in professional activities at the local, state, and national levels. Participation in the state VAHPERD and national SHAPE America conventions are encouraged, as they afford students multiple opportunities to network in the professional arena. Membership in this organization is open to anyone with an interest in health education, physical education, dance or coaching.
The HPE Club seeks to:
- Encourage, guide, and support professional growth and development in health, physical education, coaching and dance.
- Communicate the importance of health, leisure and movement-related activities as they contribute to human well-being.
- Coordinate and administer a planned program of professional, public activities that will improve education in areas of health and movement-related activities.
- Conduct other activities for the benefit of the university and Prince Edward County and surrounding area.
Faculty Sponsor: Kari Hampton
Many students who minor in Outdoor Education also are involved in the student Outdoor Club.
This club provides students with opportunities to experience additional outdoor activities not found in the academic classes. In addition, the Outdoor Club provides leadership opportunities for those students interested in furthering their skills and qualifications in outdoor or adventure education.
Visit Lancer Link for more information.
Therapeutic Recreation Organization (TRO)
TRO is a student organization dedicated to the advancement of therapeutic recreation students through fieldwork experiences, leadership opportunities, and community service.
TRO seeks to:
- Promote and develop an interest and understanding of the field of therapeutic recreation within the Longwood University and local community.
- Provide opportunities for the members to develop citizen leadership and community involvement through volunteer services.
- Provide social opportunities for students to develop lasting friendships.
Faculty Sponsor: Whitney Kallenbach, email@example.com
Visit the TRO Facebook page and Instagram/longwoodtro/.