Office of Sponsored Programs and Research
The Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (OSPR) provides support to Longwood University faculty and staff interested in obtaining external funding for their research, scholarly and creative activities.
Our goal is to foster the development of innovative ideas, creative interests and academic scholarship into compelling and competitive applications for sponsored funding.
We provide comprehensive support services to the campus community for the preparation and successful administration of externally-sponsored projects.
Our services include:
- funding searches;
- proposal development support and guidance;
- proposal review and submission;
- negotiation and processing of awards;
- execution of contracts and sub-awards;
- interpretation of sponsor guidelines and requirements; and
- grant training workshops.