Problem Status: DUE NOV 28.
Correct Student Solutions: April Swartz; Abby Jago; Wade Simmons; Kate Hartley & Shannon Hammock; Walter Coleman; Kaitlin Smith & Daniel Millson; Grant Smith, Madi Ward, & Kelsey Bowman; Timothy Olmsted; Shannon Worrell
Correct Non-Student Solutions: Jim Flock, Matt McWilliams, Henry & Consuelo Alvarez, Bain Cameron
The Fine Print
Each month, Drs. Poplin and Shoenthal will choose a problem of the month.
The general rules are:
- Submissions must be dated; only the last submission will be graded.
- Submissions must include a complete mathematical justification along with the answer.
- Submissions must represent your own work.
- Submissions may only be made by individuals or groups of two.
- Submissions for each problem are due before 5 p.m. on a specified day of the month the problem appears.
- Submissions should be given to Dr. Poplin (Ruffner 335) or Dr. Shoenthal (Ruffner 326).
The Longwood student with the highest number of correct solutions during the academic year will win a prize. A runner-up will also win a prize.
Notes: when it applies, department faculty aren't listed in the solver's list. Also, we do not post solutions to unsolved problems. However, we're happy to discuss a problem with you after the due date.