Problem Status: DUE OCT 28.
Problem Status: SOLVED. LU Student Solvers: None. Solved by non-Longwood contributor Jim Flock.
The Fine Print
Each month, Drs. Poplin and Shoenthal will choose or create a problem of the month.
The general rules are:
- Submissions must be dated; only the last submission will be graded.
- Submissions must include a complete mathematical justification along with the answer.
- Submissions must represent your own work.
- Submissions may only be made by individuals or groups of two.
- Submissions for each problem are due before 5 p.m. on a specified day of the month the problem appears.
- Submissions should be given to Dr. Poplin (Ruffner 326A) or Dr. Shoenthal (Ruffner 121).
The Longwood student with the highest number of correct solutions during the academic year will win a prize. A runner-up will also win a prize.
Notes: when it applies, department faculty aren't listed in the solver's list. Also, we do not post solutions to unsolved problems. However, we're happy to discuss a problem with you after the due date.