All Tutoring sessions take place in the QR Center, Allen Hall 111.
Tutors expect that you will
- Come prepared with all necessary materials (i.e. class notes, assignment guidelines, textbooks, laptop, calculator, etc.)
- Be an active participant in the tutoring session
- Be as specific as possible about what you are hoping to achieve in the tutoring session. Ask questions and listen to suggestions
- Attempt your homework on your own before bringing it to a tutor to help; a tutor cannot do your work for you. They are also not a substitute for attending class
- Be patient and considerate of each other’s needs and work as you will most likely be working with a tutor who is tutoring other students at the same time.
- We cannot guarantee one-on-one time with any tutor, but can guarantee that tutors will do their best to help you
- Help us maintain a positive learning environment by keeping distractions like noise, cell phones and food to a minimum
You can expect that tutors will
- Be punctual, supportive, and professional
- Answer questions to the best of their abilities
- Work with you, but not for you
- Be knowledgeable about other available resources to assist you, or offer to find resources for you to the best of their ability
- Set clear expectations about the session and encourage you to be an independent learner
- Offer a positive attitude and be respectful of your diverse perspective and learning style
- Not correct your homework, projects, or take-home exams.
- Provide useful comments and suggestions to help foster independent learning
- Not predict what your grade will be on your assignments and cannot speak for your instructor
- Please ask your instructor for any clarification on an assignment or a grade
- We are here to support you in your educational endeavors in any way possible