To request the use of a facility at Longwood, please use the reservation system, or contact Event Scheduling at email@example.com for more information.
Conference participants on the conference meal plan will eat all meals in the Dorrill Dining Hall unless otherwise indicated. ARAMARK Dining Services has provided the University with dining service for forty-four years and recently signed a ten-year extension. Food is served all-you-can-eat with several choices of hot entrees, vegetables, salad bars, desserts, breads, etc. The Dorrill Dining Hall is generally open for Breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday-Friday and for brunch and dinner on Saturdays and Sundays. Hours are adjusted in the summer.
All Dining Facilities have built in sound systems perfect for meetings, receptions and banquets.
- Lee Grand Dining Room: The spacious Lee Grand Dining Room is accustomed to fine dining. Seating 400, in banquet rounds, the Lee Grand Dining Hall is perfect for any major banquet or reception.
- Lewis Room: Adjoined to Nance is the slightly smaller Lewis Room. Seating up to 48, the Lewis Room is perfect for Lunch meetings and small seminars.
- Nance Room: Adjoined to Lewis, Nance is perfect for small, intimate banquets, receptions, or meetings. Nance seats 150 in banquet rounds.
Lankford Hall fronts Brock Commons and is located across from the Dorrill Dining Hall. The facility includes the following rooms on the first floor.
- Commonwealth Ballroom: As you enter Lankford, you step into a large open area with vaulted ceilings. This Ballroom has a capacity of 200 and is used primarily for dances and receptions. Student Union policy prohibits the hanging of any materials on walls or from ceilings.
- Appomattox/Buckingham/Cumberland Rooms: This area can be used for one large event (capacity of 300) or can be split into three separate rooms. Sliding walls allow the use of Appomattox (50), Buckingham (90) and Cumberland (115) to be used simultaneously. Student Union policy prohibits the hanging of any materials on walls or from ceilings.
- Amelia Room: Meeting room with a maximum occupancy of 50.
- Charlotte Room: Meeting room with a maximum occupancy of 18. A large conference table sits in the middle of this room and cannot be moved or removed.