Psi Chi is the international honor society in psychology, with specific academic requirements for membership. The Department of Psychology sends invitations to those students who qualify for membership.
- Major or minor in psychology
- Completed at least 3 semesters of college
- Completed at least 9 hours of psychology
- An overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.25
- GPA of at least 3.00 in all psychology courses
- Maintain high standards of personal behavior
2017 – 2018 Psi Chi Officers
- President: TJ Baumgart
- Vice-President: Lindsey Sparrock
- Treasurer: Laia Scott
- Secretary: Taylor Morgan
- Historian: Jeancarlo Siles
Contact any of our officers for more information.
Faculty Advisor: Tim Ritzert
All you need to join us is an interest in psychology and a willingness to meet and network with other students who share similar interests.
There are no academic requirements.
Some of our recent activities include:
- visiting a Sleep Disorder Clinic in Midlothian
- volunteering at Farmville Area Community Emergency Services (FACES)
- sponsoring a "movie night" with psychology related themes
- attending the poster session of research conducted by Longwood students
- sponsoring a booth at Spring Weekend
2017 – 2018 Psychology Club Officers
- President: Krishon Preston
- Vice President: Lamaree Heard
- Treasurer: Destiney Houser
- Secretary/Historian: Kelly Higgins
Contact any of the officers for information about meetings and events or to receive our emails. We also post events on our bulletin board, Rotunda, 3rd floor.
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Stephanie Buchert