Emergency Contact Information

Recent regulations of the Clery/HEOA Acts require each College/University to annually provide each student residing in campus housing, regardless of age, an opportunity to designate a confidential contact person.

This contact information will only be used if he or she is ever reported as missing. This missing person contact is anyone you register and may or may not be your parent or guardian, unless you are under the age of eighteen (18) and not emancipated, in which the university is legally required to notify your parent or guardian.

The missing person contact can be different from, or the same as, the general contact person. The missing person contact  information will be kept confidential and will only be provided to Longwood Police to assist in the furtherance of a missing person investigation.  For more information regarding the Clery Act please see https://www.clerycenter.org/the-clery-act.

If you choose to provide a missing person contact information you can do so by following the instructions below:

 How to Add an Emergency Contact to your record: 

  • Log into my.longwood.edu
  • On your Student Tab (top of page): Click on My Student Account
  • Once that page opens: Click on the Personal Information Tab
  • Under Personal Information: Click on Update Personal Emergency Contacts
  • Once that page opens you may either:
    o Click on one of the names listed and edit their information
    o Click on New Contact and add a new Emergency Contact