The Student Name Change Form (pdf) may be used to change their name or preferred name. Complete the appropriate sections of this form as they apply to your situation. Don't forget to sign the form.

Students who are changing their name must provide supporting documentation with their form.

Acceptable forms of documentation: 

  • Social Security Card
  • Valid Driver's License
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Court Order

Completing this form does not trigger a change to your LancerCard or your Longwood email address.

Lancer Card

If you would like to update your LancerCard, please contact the Lancer Card and Campus Services Center at (434) 395-2715 or by email at

Longwood Email

If you would like your Longwood email address to be updated, please contact the Help Desk at 

You'll be asked to provide:

  • Previous name
  • Updated name
  • Contact number 

Submission Information

Once your form is completed, submit it to the Office of the Registrar by:

  • Scanning and emailing it to
  • Hand-delivering it, with your photo ID, to Brock Hall 112
  • Faxing it to 434-395-2252
  • Mailing it to:

    Longwood University
    Office of the Registrar
    201 High Street
    Farmville, VA 23909

If you are submitting a name change, remember to attach your supporting documentation to the form.