Current students may use the Substitutions & Waivers Form (pdf) to request course substitutions and waivers. Course substitutions and waivers are initiated with an academic advisor's recommendation.

This form should be filled out by the advisor, and submitted to the Chair of the Department with any relevant information as to why the course needs to be substituted or waived as a requirement.

Upon signed approval by the Department Chair, the form should be turned in to the Office of the Registrar. The Office of the Registrar processes these changes.

Submission Information

Submit the completed form, with the appropriate signatures to the Office of the Registrar by:

  • Scanning and emailing it to
  • Hand-delivering it, with your photo ID, to Brock Hall 112
  • Faxing it to 434-395-2252
  • Mailing it to:

    Longwood University
    Office of the Registrar
    201 High Street
    Farmville, VA 23909